Category: 2 – BUY it! (All Categories are 1 – Read ASAP!, 2 – BUY it!, 3 – SHELF it, 4 – SOMEDAY it)
Comments: Fantastic series. The fan in me couldn’t resist putting this up just as soon as I watched the 7th movie of the series. The only reason this isn’t right at the top is because only after you read the whole series do you appreciate some of the deep learnings from the book. Some of those learnings which have stuck with me –
1) We always have a choice between what’s right and what’s easy
2) ‘The biggest mistake that adults make is that they forget what it is to be young’
3) Harry’s loyalty to his mentor was admirable and was the reason he ended up being successful. Loyalty can make or break us!
4) Some may think being dragged into an arena for a fight until death and walking into the arena with your head held high makes no difference as the terms of the fight are the same after all. But, little do people know that it makes all the difference in the world.
5) Most adventures sound cooler than they were in reality. (I find this SO amazingly true!)
6) The most powerful force on earth is love.
Add on Mar 16, 2016: I am amused to find Harry Potter here as I think this blog became largely about non fiction books. I guess my love for the series found its way here. I think this book might be the last of fiction books I’ve written about here. For those who love this sort of this, A Song of Ice and Fire (popularly “Game of Thrones”) series is a must read too!